Grow Right, a mother’s guide with Blogchatter
- What are the four important things you want to see in a food label?
Currently I make sure to look for Made in India and I always make sure to limit packaged food stuffs choosing as local food stuffs as possible.
- What is the best way to know what is in a processed food in the supermarket?
Best way to know what is in processed food stuffs is by processing the food directly at home. I know it is time consuming but by this we can get rid of stuffs like nitrogen and vinegar added to preserve food items.
- Why should we read a food label?
I read to check if it expired or not. Also to find out if there is any specific instructions to be followed while using the stuffs.
- How can you find out if a food is healthy or not?
Simplest way for this is to go to grannies and naani and ask them if they know about the product or not. If they don’t know about it or never eaten it is surely unhealthy for us.
- Which mineral do you need for strong bones?
For bones the best thing is eating a nice combination of sugar, salt, vitamins and calcium followed by some strengthening exercises and eating gond ke laddu loaded with nuts.
- What are three most important
things in a child’s food?
Peanuts, jaggery, soaked dry fruits, dal with ghee, anything that is seasonal and purchased locally is best. Avoid imported food for better health of kids.
- What are the 3 things we should avoid in children’s food for good health?
- It should be homemade, avoid packaged food.
- It should be freshly made.
- It shouldn’t be served in plastic lunch boxes or wrapped in foil paper or butter paper instead folded in a muslin cloth.
This will work like miracle on a child.
- What should we check in the package for when we buy processed food?
I am not in favour of buying processed food but still if you buy it, check date of packaging and expiry, check FDA Marks etc.
- Why do we need a food label?
For unique identity of food a label is needed.
- Which drink is rich in calcium?