Golden points to remember while making sabudana khichadi –
- dry sabudana khichadi recipe is mainly eaten during fast days so if you preparing it for fast days, do not add onions and garlic to it.
- Don’t use common salt while preparing khichadi, it will break the fast. Go for rock salt. It is easily available in the local stores.
- Soaking sabudana time vary from packet to packet. Some sabudana are soaked in 15-30 minutes while others take very long to be soaked completely so to understand the soaking time properly you must check the packaging instructions every time you prepare it and soak accordingly
- Dry soaked sabudana on a cotton cloth for 10-15 minutes for best khichadi.
dry sabudana kichadi recipe –
These are the basic ingredients required to make a yummy dry sabudana khichadi. It is a good snack idea when you want to eat something decent at home.
- Sabudana – 100 grams
- Potato – 1 medium-sized
- Tomato – 1 medium-sized
- Rock salt as per taste
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds
- Lemon for tangy taste
- Bhujiya for garnish
How to make dry sabudana khichadi
- Soak sabudana for 2 hours in a big vessel else the sabudana may flood outside because its size increases when soaked. Soak in a propotion of 1:3 where sabudana is 1 bowl then water will be 3 bowl.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan , add cumin seeds.
- Add chopped potato, and tomato. Roast them for a minute.
- Drain all the water from sabudana now.
- Add drained sabudana, black pepper, rock salt, chilli powder, and mix well
- Close the lid of the pan.
- Wait for 10 minutes, then open the pan and enjoy hot.
Tada it is ready
Squeeze lemon on top of it and garnish with some bhujiya or roasted peanuts of your choice ( use aloo bhujiya if you made it for fast day )