Pyaz Ki Kachori
Practice makes a man perfect and yes, after been experimenting new-new recipes at home, I now feel for cooking from heart.
I love cooking and this time in Diwali snacks I made Yummy Pyaz ki Kachori’s.
So here I am sharing my recipe –
- All purpose flour (2 cups ) (Maids)
- wheat flour (1cup)
- 1/4 cup Desi Ghee
- Green Chilly
- Coriander leaves
- Roasted Coriander Seeds
- Garam Masala
- Black salt
- Jeera powder
- Red Chilly Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Cumin Seeds( Jeera)
- Black mustard seeds
- Asafoetida ( Hing)
- Dry Mango powder ( Amchur )
- Bay leaf ( tezz Patta )
- Garlic -20 pieces
- Ginger paste
- Black pepper
How to make the yummy Kachoris –
- Prepare a dough mixing maida, wheat flour, adding a pinch of salt and ghee as listed above. The dough should be tight. Let the dough rest for 20-30 minutes, cover it with a muslin cloth.
- Finely chop the onions, green chilies and make a fine paste of garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing powder, bay leaf, ginger garlic paste and let it all get a golden color.
- Then add the green chillies, onions and coriander leaves.
- When it get a golden color add roasted coriander seeds, black salt, black pepper, turmeric powder, red chilly powder,black pepper, salt as per taste.
- Cook all the masalas and the onions until it get a nice brown color add 1 spoon of Garam Masala.
- Cool the mixture.
- On the other side, the dough which we left for rest take it out and make rounds of diameter 4cm.( size of puri)
- Add the cooled masala mixture.Do not over fill the Kachoris.
- Now apply water on the sides of it and close it likewise covering the whole masala.
- Do not leave a single hole visible, else the Kachoris will open and oil will enter inside.
- Now fry the kachoris on a low flame till golden in color.
Take the kachoris out and serve with Imli (Tamarind )Chutney and ketchup.
Chef Tips –
- We are adding wheat flour because it will our kachoris a nice cold, crisp and taste. Adding only maida will leave a white color only.
To close the kachoris you can use corn flour mixed with water before frying.
This work as the best tip.