Winters are coming and so is coming the time of eating hot Snacks and enjoying hot beverages.
My favorite winter snacks are Aloo Samosa, Pohe rolls, Smoky Paneer tikka, vegetarian kebabs, French fries and what not. Yes, I eat all these spicy stuffs during winter, it keeps me going and give strength to Work in the icy mornings.
All these snacks have one thing in common that is tomato ketchup chutney, I know I can get it easily from the market, but that one does not satisfy me and more on that one bottle last maximum 5 days in my family so shopping again and again for it was troublesome and this is why I asked my granny the recepie of making Tomato Ketchup.
Now the idea that clings to mind is why not make ketchup at home and preserve it adding healthy elements of my own so that no matter how much I eat, it does not causes side effects on me.
Tomato Ketchup Recepie –
1. Tomatoes -1 kg
2. Black Pepper Powder – 1 pinch
3. Black Salt- 1 tea spoon
4. Vinegar Syrup- 1 Tea spoon
5. Ginger powder – 1 Tea spoon
6.Sugar – 2 cups
How to make?
- Wash tomatoes and keep them for boiling.
- Boil till the tomatoes start leaving it skin.
- Next cool it down.
- Then remove the skin of tomatoes and blend them with a blender to a fine paste.
- Strain the puree till the complete juice is separated.
- Now keep the juice to boil again on a low flame, keep checking them it does not stick to pan, cook it until it starts getting tight.
- Then add pinch of Ginger powder, Black salt powder, Black pepper powder and sugar as per your requirement.
- Let it cool down, and add 1 soon of vinegar syrup.
- It will help to protect your ketchup to stay healthy and yummy for long time
P.S – you can avoid adding vinegar if you don’t want to store ketchup and finish it on a day or two.
let it rest, store it in glass bottles and it is ready to be enjoyed !