I was scrolling on my Facebook timeline , I saw a post by Penguin India.The post was about IRSC ( Indian Road Safety Campaign ) ,they organized a competition for blog or essay writing related to road safety rules . It said the winners will be awarded by Ravinder Singh, reading this the whole book I too had a love story replayed infront of my eyes. I too had a love story is the first book I read in my life as a reader. Author Ravinder Singh says that his life changed completely when he penned down this book. I will say this book changed my life too completely. I became a bibliophile after reading this book and I started my life as a blogger.
There is no connection in turning a blogger directly with the book but as Ravin says that writing down this book brought him back to life so did it happened with me, I was inspired by Ravin that this book brought me back to life. I was clueless related to what to do with my life ? this book gave me wings.
I am very much attached with this book because It is a real pure love story of Ravin and Khushi, with every page I feel attached to book and then what happened at the end was so much shocking, How a road accident completely changed the life of Ravin, How deeply it impacted the life of her parents, famiy-everything was shocking.
If that day that accident hadn’t taken place, life would be different, Ravin khushi would be together but this does not happen. We can’t change what has happened already but like Ravin we can be the one who creates awareness among everyone especially youths about the road safety rules and regulations to be followed so that the road accidents comes to an end.
Here I am supporting Ravin and suggesting my tips for road safety rules –
- Donate Blood – Not on the roads but in hospitals – Drive safely, follow Zebra crossing, wear helmets or seat belts, If you want to donate blood and become a hero, please go in any hospital and donate, there it is required in plenty and it will save someone’s life. You will become a real hero by this act, road stunts will only harm you and many times harm other innocents ones on the roads too.
- Wear helmet on your head not on your Left arms – from Ravinder Singh’s Good wali morning tweet )
- Better be late than to be Mr. Late – Drive slow and follow all the safety rules of roads. The road is for public, and there are rules applicable on public as soon as we drop our vehicle or feet on it, so we must follow those rules. If we want to travel or walk on roads as per our choices we must create a separate road way for ourself.
- Tie the seat belts Not just to escape from challans but to escape from the painful death and leaving your loved ones in pain.
- Be good at heart, don’t worry about punishment – If we see anyone injured on roads, we must go and help them to hospitals. Our one act of kindness can save someone’s life. And I also suggest that kindness always pays so If any day by mistake if we hit any vehicle we shouldn’t run away, we should first try to protect the life of injured one. We can never run away from our mistakes so helping the injured one or saving his or her life will always make us guilt free.
- Remind them always – This is the simplest but loveliest way and will lead all other ways. I love my family and I always keep on reminding my family members whenever they leave house is that – yes, I love you so please drive safely on roads, Not only protect yourself but protect others too. Because in both the cases you will punish no one but your family the most .
- Be patient – Many time fights take place on roads because of the arrogance in the driving person. It is advised that please it is okay to bend your head, if the other person isn’t taking his vehicle in reverse or any other such little causes. Don’t press horns unnecessarily.
- I respect Traffic policemen, for supporting and cooperating all the time but One thing which I always want by them if possible is please don’t create unnecessary traffic stopping other vehicles so that the VIPs get to pass through the road first.
- Please give an end to unnecessary frauds happening on the roads. Last time I was at Uttrakhand Meerut village , I was passing through road, an old man was standing on his bicycle. He jumped into our car, got injured and in five minutes, His family arrived to us asking for cash. This happens on the road all the time. That day I saw such happenings three four times with other cars too, some kids or other people knowingly jumped into cars and then demand money.
- Give road safety lessons to kids in schools.
Disclaimer – It is my forth post for April A To Z Challenge. http://a-to-zchallenge.com